Friday, April 3, 2015

A Good Friday Morning

I am currently seated at our gate in the Atlanta airport (just past 9:00 a.m.), awaiting our 11:05 departure in leisurely fashion with lots of time to spare. Marianne and I left the hotel about 7:30 to catch the shuttle to the airport so she'd be in time to catch her flight to Colorado, and while riding it, I typed to her, "I'm still trying to figure out why you said we'd have plenty of time to go out for a long, unhurried breakfast." She said, with a perplexed look, "I can't understand that one either." But I suspect it had something to do with the fact that, whereas I popped out of bed happily just before 5:00, she struggled out about 6:30 and then told me, blearily, "I hate mornings."

Anyway, after getting dropped off by the shuttle, I made my way through security with only two minor incidents. First, TSA confiscated the sunblock Michelle had gotten for me: "TOO BIG." And then, when unloading my pockets to go through the detector, I inadvertently dropped (and didn't notice) the cord that connects my iPod to my computer. Heading blithely forward, I was halted by the voice of a woman who asked me, "Sir? Did you drop this?"

Anyway, on my way down to the gate I decided to sit down in the Sojourners Cafe and have something slightly more substantial than the banana and muffin I had before we left the hotel, and so feasted on a breakfast sandwich, yogurt, and OJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment